Project Start Date: 01-12-2019
Project Total Duration: 30 months . Due to the COVID-19 crisis the project duration will be extended for 5 months.
Project End Date: 31-10-2022
Project intellectual outputs
Intellectual output 1 – Compendium of good practices in teaching socio emotional competences in early childhood education and care – ECEC (age 0-6)
- Definition of methodology and key criteria to select good practices
- Selection and collection of good practices (in each partner country, also to further integrate into the toolkit)
- Identification of the main socio emotional competences to develop in children (0-6 years) (from both early childhood educators and primary school teachers in order to collect information on the necessary soft skill children have to acquire for better facing the transition between educational levels)
- Identification of the most relevant skills and competences educators need in order to provide socio emotional competences for early childhood education
- Report on the necessary socio emotional competences to develop in ECEC
Both the last two activities will have a section related to the identification of practical challenges and recommendations.
Intellectual output 2 – BE-CHILD Educational toolkit for early childhood education educators
Design and develop the educational toolkit for early childhood educators. Moreover, in order to support teachers/educators to implement this toolkit the project will also provide guidelines.
The toolkit includes existing good practices and, experimental and practical tools and edutainment activities with the specific aim to develop the adequate socio emotional competences – in relation to equality and diversity as well as to meet a smooth transition to primary school – in the two main age range: from 0 to 3 years and from 3 to 6 years old.
The toolkit will be composed by good practices, tools, learning and playful activities (indoor and outdoor) already adopted by teachers/educators in kindergarten and pre-primary schools in their respective countries, also available online as OERs.
- Design and develop the educational toolkit (experimental tools and materials and learning activities)
- Provide guidelines for toolkit implementation and for its integration within ECEC school policies
Learning activities for educators
Short-term mobility (3 days) for educators from the Partners countries.
Pre-school Educators (2/pre-school) from the project Partner countries will be involved in a short-term learning activity.
During the learning activities educators – adequately selected – will be required to be engaged in:
- short training activity (2 days)
- validation activity (1 day)
- creation of short pedagogical videos (during the 3 days)
Schedule of the learning activity
According to a rotation system, the Italian and Estonian kindergartens will host educators from pre-schools of the other partner countries.
Educators will be invited to take part to the learning activity that will last a total of 3 days. Moreover, it will be structured in two main parts: fontal classes (2 days) and experimental activity (1 day).
Learning activity results
Recording and creating pedagogical videos
From DAY1 to DAY3: the hosting pre-school will be in charge to record videos during both the training sessions as well as the testing activity for educators.
The final result will be the creation of a summative emotional-pedagogical video (1/country) summarizing the key moments of the learning activity, such as:
- instruments, tools and didactic and playful activities illustrated in day 1
- impact and benefits of the usage of the different instruments, tools, learning
- suggestions and improvements from primary school teachers regarding the socio emotional competences early childhood educators has to develop in their children
The summative video will be afterwards integrated on the pedagogical learning environment developed within intellectual output 3 in order to be easily used by the other pre-schools of the consortium as teaching material.